- handwashing: Wash hands between patients, after removing gloves, and if hands are contaminated with body fluids.
- application (before room): ① gown → ② mask, face shield → ③ gloves
- ① gown, apron: Wear a fluid-resistant cover gown or apron to protect uniforms or clothing if contamination is likely. Change the gown between patients.
- ② mask, face shield, eye protection: Wear a mask, face shield, or eye protection whenever fluid splashing to the face is likely.
- ③ gloves: Wear gloves when handling body fluids. Change gloves between patients or before touching environmental surfaces. Wash hands after gloves are removed.
- removal: gloves → face shield → gown → (after getting out of the room) mask
- Equipment: Critical patient care equipment (such as surgical instruments) must be sterilized, and semi-critical equipment can be clean, disinfect, and/or sterilize it as appropriate.
- dishes, glasses, cups, eating utensils: No special precautions are needed for dishes, glasses, cups, or eating utensils. The combination of hot water and detergent used in hospital dishwashers is sufficient to decontaminate dishes, glasses, cups, and eating utensils.
- linen: Place soiled linen in leak-proof containers.
- occupational health: Never recap needles. Place needles in puncture-proof containers. Use mouth-pieces or resuscitation bags instead of traditional mouth-to-mouth resuscitation whenever possible. Report all injuries regardless of perceived significance.
- ex) PCP pneumonia pt. care 시 suction 시 고글, 마스크, 장갑 착용해야 함. (○) Perineal care 시 장갑 착용해야 함. (○)
- 집에서 가져온 음식을 나누어 먹음. Bite를 sharing 하는게 아니라면 가능함. (○)
- Linen change 시 보호가운 입기 (ⅹ)