Skip to content
- Client education is needed regarding the signs and symptoms of hypofunction and hyperfunction related to insufficient or excess hormone replacement.
- Provide a safe environment.
- Provide emotional support to the client and family. Encourage the client and family to express feelings related to disturbed body image or sexual dysfunction.
- Instruct the client to wear a Medic-Alert bracelet.
- The client may need hormone replacement for the specific deficient hormones.
- surgical intervention : hypophysectomy (pituitary adenectomy, trans-sphenoidal pituitary surgery), thyroidectomy, parathyroidectomy, adrenalectomy